Monday, August 24, 2009

On Cynicism

The guy sitting next to me in the library has tuberculosis.  I'm sure of it...

You know, the past two weeks have been really great for me.  Despite a lot of problems and stress and what not, I feel like I'm finally getting over a lot of that baseline bah-humbugness I described a while ago.  I have to admit, most of it has to do with the goings-on in Kansas City and how they renewed my faith in me and, well, guys.  That's a good thing.

God, I need to stop reading Twilight, or at least need to stop having the author write my blog entries...

But seriously, today has been REALLY great!  It's my first full day back since the fam's trip to Michigan, and I feel like I have a newer, more positive take on things.  I got stuff squared away for my recital, had a great talk and dinner with Lizbee, the weather's great... blah blah blah...

I stopped by Brian's on my way to the library tonight to pic up the newest Twilight book from his wife and we had a great conversation, which was much less cynical than usual.  Something's in the water.  Maybe that "something" can get me a job...

No comments: