Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Madeline Kahn

After I found that clip of Madeline Kahn singing on Sesame Street, I remembered how I used to be obsessed with her back in my teenage years.  I mean, I watched every movie she was in.  What I couldn't get over is that she was beautiful, funny, and an amazing singer, and I always wanted to be like that...
But anyways, I don't want to be one of those whores that posts a bunch of videos on her blog...but I'm going to anyway.  Here's a trailer for my FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME, "Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother" by Gene Wilder.  Kahn's in that, and it's out of control funny.
And then I found this, also from Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother, and it's the opera scene.  My real purpose in posting it is because I think this is what the opera is going to turn in to this semester...

She was also in High Anxiety, a Mel Brooks film, which is one of my favorites.  Maybe if I really want to get on people's nerves I'll create a post about Nurse Diesel...long story.

When I was in high school, my choir conductor (Mr Hook) made me listen to his Soundheim Live CD, and that pretty much changed his life.  He played for me this song, performed by Madeline Kahn right before she died in the late 1990's.  She's crazy good.
And then I had to post this, because no Kahn tribute would be complete without the penis scene from History of the World.
I found this randomly, and I think it's kind of cool.  It's about how she stumbled upon opera accidentally.  If you ask me, she could be a real opera singer (that sounds cliche and un-educated of me...but I believe it's true).

No comments: