Monday, February 11, 2008

Pre Boston

I'm flying to Boston tomorrow for my audition at New England Conservatory. I'm fairly nervous, but I'm mostly excited.
I'm flying out of St. Louis tomorrow at six and my mom is driving me to the airport. That'll be a scary bitch of a ride. And then somehow, once I arrive in Boston at 10 pm, and I'm going to find Tara Curtis and sleep on her floor. I have all day Wednesday in the city, which I'm really looking forward to. It'll be nice to see Tara, and hopefully Tessa. I have a lot of gossip for the alums...I wish I wasn't REALLY like my character in "Old Maid and the Thief"...
I audition on Thursday at 11 am, and I'll probably explore the school, and then I fly back that afternoon. I conned Mark into picking me up at the airport that evening, and we're gonna try to paint St. Louis red...for an hour until we have to drive back.
I think it will be a great trip.  But I'm still worried about NEC's actual early music program. I don't think they actually have an early music vocal department. That's okay with me--I would love to just be a voice major and take a bunch of classes in early music, but perform all sorts of things. We'll see what happens. 

No comments: