And tonight I came up with this recipe:
Turnip Green and Lentil Soup
-Turnips (roots and greens, I used four little ones. But the more the merrier).
-1 potato, chopped
-1 onion, chopped
-1 apple, chopped (I used a gala, but whatever)
-apple cider vinegar
-stock (either chicken or vegetable, whatever is on hand)
1) Separate the turnip roots from the greens. Coarsely chop the greens, and cut the roots into large chunks.
2) Saute the onions until golden, then add the chopped greens. Cook until greens are soft and wilted--season well.
3) Add turnips and potatoes and a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Cook approx. five minutes.
4) Add apples, and season with the usual suspects, along with a tablespoon or two of brown sugar.
5) Add as much broth as you desire. This doesn't make a lot of soup. Not to insult your intelligence, but add more broth if you want the soup to be brothier... Cook until the potatoes are fully cooked. Add the cooked lentils in at the end.
This soup is crazeballs! Like Frank!