Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Deconstructing 1340 B

Jesus, there's a lot of stuff to do to this apartment before we move.

Mark and I thought it would be an amazing idea to tack up yards and yards of fabric to the walls, even creating a border in one the rooms made out of brown fabric.  Cute, huh? 

Well, taking it down is not cute.  For the past hour I've been trying to take the fabric DOWN so I can give it back to Mark when I visit.  And there's plaster in my hair, on my face, on the couches...

And HUGE holes in the wall!  When you nail fabric to a wall, the nails go straight in.  The fabric is so thin, that the nails almost bury themselves in the wall.  So it's impossible to pull the nails out with the back of a hammer.  So I've been pulling the fabric off the walls and ceilings (yes, it was nailed to the ceiling as well) hoping that the nails will come with it.  Sometimes the nails were nailed into the ceiling at an angle, and when I pull, if it's not the perfect angle, huge chunks of the ceiling come out WITH it.  And some of the nails don't come out at all.  They're buried into the wall.  COOL.

So, you're probably saying "Lindsey, there is a better way to do it."  And my response to you is "No there's not.  I've tried all the ways.  And simply damaging the apartment to pull away the fabric is the best option.  If you disagree, come over and do it yourself.  You're welcome."

And no, mother.  I have NOT started packing.

No comments: